MYRTLE BEACH, Unitrends Software Corporation, a leader in the development of enterprise-wide, cross-platform data protection products and services, today announced it has entered a new phase in its continued growth by attracting an investment from The Trelys Funds LP, a venture capital firm serving high-growth companies located in South Carolina and the surrounding region. The company also announced an expanded Board of Directors comprised of notable business leaders with senior experience at publicly-traded technology firms.
The new Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Steve Schwartz, Chairman and founder of Unitrends;
- Dick Rosen, Chairman of the Board of AVX Corporation (NYSE: AVX), a leading manufacturer and supplier of a broad line of passive electronic components and related products, with reported net sales of more than $1.1 billion dollars;
- James Clark, former Chief Technology Officer of NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR);
- Larry Wilson, co-managing partner of The Trelys Funds LP, and former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Policy Management Systems Corporation/Mynd (PMSC), a $640 million in revenues NYSE software development and services firm, acquired by Computer Sciences Corporation in 2000; and
- Steve Morrison, Senior Partner with Nelson, Mullins, Riley & Scarborough, South Carolina's largest law firm. Mr. Morrison previously served as PMSC's Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
In addition, Unitrends also announced the immediate appointment of Jacques McCormack as its President. Mr. McCormack was Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller at PMSC.
"We believe in the people of Unitrends and are pleased to play a major role in their development," said Larry Wilson, General Partner of The Trelys Funds. "As disk-to-disk augments tape as a primary means of data backup and recovery, we believe Unitrends' robust and simple-to-use products will become increasingly valuable in the marketplace. Our investment and participation on the Board of Directors will help Unitrends embark and succeed on a path of significant growth."
"The Trelys investment and the strength of the board we have assembled gives Unitrends an enviable advantage," Schwartz said. "Our new directors have significant experience in highly successful technology firms, and will actively leverage that experience to make Unitrends a major factor in the data protection field."
Unitrends has previously introduced its acclaimed Data Protection line of software, with its file-by-file backup and restore feature and its "bare-metal restore" ability to help computer users restore a crashed operating system within minutes, instead of the hours or days usually required by a clean reinstallation. It has also begun successfully marketing a full line of Data Protection Units (DPU), a revolutionary disk-to-disk backup system, enabling companies to rapidly save and restore corporate-critical data.
About Unitrends Software Corporation
Founded in 1987, Unitrends Software Corporation is committed to the protection of corporate-critical data and a leader in data protection. Unitrends provides powerful backup, recovery and complete data protection products and services that are cross-platform, scalable and simple to use. More information on Unitrends is available from the company's website, www.unitrends.com, or by calling (800) 648-2827.
About The Trelys Funds LP
Founded in 2001, The Trelys Funds LP is a venture capital investment group headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina. Trelys focuses on an underserved market of entrepreneurs and investors located primarily in South Carolina and the surrounding region. The founding investors of The Trelys Funds LP include BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, BB&T Corporation, First Citizens Bank, the Clemson University Foundation, and the Medical University of South Carolina Foundation. For more information, visit www.trelys.com.
© the trelys funds